Cajal is seeking a Senior Scientist motivated by our mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, eagerly trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Scientist - Target Validation in the Preclinical Biology group at Cajal, you will be responsible for the development of novel platform technologies to discover and characterize the mechanism-of-action of candidate drug targets on various neurodegenerative disease phenotypes.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Are creative in designing assays to explore and/or fully characterize the mechanistic roles of candidate genes + networks leading to various disease-related phenotypes
- Have demonstrated expertise in building and using live and/or fixed cell imaging technologies to measure data of interest at single cell resolution (e.g., axon volume, soma or nuclei count, mitochondria or other organelle trafficking)
- Have experience working with in vitro cell culture models of human neurodegenerative diseases
- Have experience in translating proof-of-concept assays into reliable data generating pipelines
- Experience with single cell RNA sequencing or in situ sequencing is a plus
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work.