Research Associate - Functional Genomics (Tissue Culture)
Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on trouble-shooting random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Research Associate at Cajal, you will be part of and support the functional genomics group, an integral part of our platform to find new therapeutic targets in neurodegenerative disease progression.
- Perform tissue culture of advanced cell lines such as reprogrammed neurons and iPSC derived neurons;
- Assist with the molecular biology, and cellular phenotyping in screens for more efficient neuronal programming protocols;
- Assist with immunohistochemistry staining and imaging of tissue culture samples;
- Some weekend tissue culture work required, but with flexible mid-week schedule to compensate weekend hours;
- Work within the Functional Genomics group on the in vitro screening team
This job might be great for you if you:
- have tissue culture experience in any advanced cell line;
- have experience or are excited to learn neuronal reprogramming cell culture;
- have experience or are excited to learn immunohistochemistry staining and imaging;
- are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented startup environment;
- love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work;
- have a BA, BS, MS or equivalent degree in a biology-related field.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.