Cajal is seeking a Head of ASO Development, motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, and eagerly navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment in a pre-clinical biotech company.
As a team lead at Cajal, you will guide our strategy to use ASOs as tools for preclinical research, target discovery / validation, and as drug candidates for clinical development.
- Play a key role in evaluating targets for drug discovery, with a particular focus on the ASO modality
- Establish and manage an internal ASO discovery and development group
- Direct the build-out of a computational pipeline for in silico design and selection of ASOs
- Build in vitro & in vivo screening capabilities
- Establish externalized infrastructure for additional capabilities including ASO design, knock-in mouse generation, ASO screening, non-human primate PK/PD studies
- Play a supporting role with the preclinical target discovery / validation team, developing ASO tool compounds for use in in vivo mouse models and in vitro human cellular models
- Lead several drug discovery / development programs from conception to IND
- Become an integral part of the leadership team, contributing across the organization from Business Development, to Preclinical Research, to early Clinical Development
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have experience in Drug Discovery
- Have experience designing and optimizing ASOs
- Are interested in finding new targets and moving from target discovery to IND-ready compounds
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented startup environment
- Love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work
- have a PhD or equivalent in a biology-related field.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.