Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, and eagerly navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment in a pre-clinical biotech company. As a Research Associate at Cajal, you will work on all aspects of tissue processing and microscopy to support the high-throughput imaging techniques we use to model neurodegenerative disease and find new therapeutic targets that slow or block disease progression. The position is open to all levels of qualified candidates.
- Sectioning and processing of brain samples using histological techniques
- Imaging using fluorescent microscopy
- Evaluating markers of neurodegenerative disease in rodent models
This job might be great for you if you:
- have a working knowledge of rodent neuroanatomy,
- have experience with tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence, and fluorescence microscopy,
- are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented startup environment,
- love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work,
- have a BA/BS or equivalent in a biology-related field.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.