Software Engineer, Computational Biology
Cajal is seeking a Software Engineer motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on solving problems to accelerate scientific discovery and can navigate the uncertainty of a fast-paced research environment. As a Software Engineer at Cajal you’ll work closely with other engineers and scientists on the computational biology team to build scalable data infrastructure, informatics pipelines, and user-facing tools that enable our science teams to quickly collect, process, and analyze TBs of imaging and multi-omic data.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Are excited to solve difficult engineering challenges, learn and implement new technologies, and dive deep into cutting-edge science.
- Have 2+ years experience developing data-intensive software.
- Are an expert in at least one programming language (experience with scientific languages and libraries is a plus).
- Have experience with software engineering best-practices (e.g. source control, CI/CD, code review, testing, design).
- Have the strong communication skills needed to work closely with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Have a BA/BS in computer science or a related field or have equivalent experience.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org