Research Associate, Laboratory Operations - Part or Full Time
Cajal is seeking a Research Technician motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, and are generous in supporting each other to accomplish our collective goals.
As a Research Technician at Cajal, you will play a key role, supporting the research team with maintaining an orderly lab environment.
Specific Responsibilities include
- Working with the Head of Laboratory Operations to maintain an organized laboratory environment
- Preparing glassware for the research team - running the glass wash and autoclave
- Help with ordering and receiving of laboratory equipment and reagents and maintaining stock of key lab supplies
- Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Routine monitoring of safety equipment including eye-wash stations, showers
- Preparing media and solutions for the research team
This job might be great for you if you:
- are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment,
- love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work,
- are excited about playing a key role in discovering new medicines for neurodegenerative disease
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.