Research Associate, Functional Genomics (Sequencing)
Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on trouble-shooting random tasks that arise in startups and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Research Associate in the Functional Genomics group at Cajal, you will be part of a team combining genome editing, single-cell sequencing, and neural circuit tracing techniques to identify disease modifying genes. Ideal candidates will have working knowledge of molecular biology and/or neuroscience and are excited about combining both in their work.
- Work with the Functional Genomics team to design and execute experiments.
- Next generation sequencing library preparation for single-cell sequencing and other sequencing based readouts.
- Evaluation of brain samples using histology methods.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have molecular biology experience such as cloning of viral vectors, PCR, qPCR, etc.
- Have experience with tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence microscopy, neuroanatomy.
- Have demonstrated experience with RNA sequencing and maintaining an RNase-free environment.
- Are excited about learning and implementing novel techniques like single-cell sequencing and CRISPR genome editing.
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work.
- Have a BA, BS, or MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, neuroscience, or a related discipline.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.