Research Associate - Functional Genomics (Cloning & Molecular Biology)
Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on trouble-shooting random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Research Associate at Cajal, you will be part of and support the functional genomics group, an integral part of our platform to find new therapeutic targets in neurodegenerative disease progression.
- Design plasmids and associated cloning scheme
- Plasmid cloning (restriction digest and ligation cloning, Gibson Assembly, e.coli transformation) and production (minipreps and maxipreps)
- Clone pooled plasmid libraries for CRISPR screens
- Provide support for other molecular biology work (eg PCR, qPCR) and lentivirus production (transfections, tissue culture, and filtration)
- Work within the Functional Genomics group on the in vitro screening team
This job might be great for you if you:
- have molecular biology experience designing and cloning plasmid vectors using Gibson, ligation, and/or restriction enzymes,
- have experience or are excited to learn how to clone pooled, highly-complex plasmid libraries,,
- are excited about learning and implementing novel techniques like single-cell sequencing and CRISPR screens,
- are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented startup environment,
- love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work,
- have a BA, BS, MS or equivalent in a biology-related field.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.