Scientist, Translational Models
Cajal is seeking a Scientist motivated by our mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, eagerly trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing fast-paced environment. As a Scientist in the Translational Models and Biomarkers group at Cajal, you will be responsible for developing assays for neurodegeneration-related pathologies and biomarkers in relevant mouse models of disease. Many pathologies will be mapped with histology and image-based methods, but other labeling and detection methods may be required. You will also collaborate across teams to identify and recommend human-mouse translatable biomarkers. Successful assays will be transitioned to our high throughput platforms for testing therapeutic interventions in mouse models of disease.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have experience labeling and identifying pathological markers of neurodegenerative disease in rodent models
- Have experience working with rodent models of Parkinson’s and/or Alzheimer’s diseases
- Have excellent bench skills and enjoy working in the laboratory
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment
- Have experience working with imaging or other types of human neurodegenerative disease datasets
- Have a PhD in neuroscience, pathology, biochemistry, or a related field
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work.
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org