Cajal is seeking a Scientific Project Manager motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, and eagerly navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment in a pre-clinical biotech company.
As a Scientific Project Manager at Cajal, you will facilitate the planning and successful execution of project goals with our teams of scientists. You will create and implement a system to document and track progress towards our objectives using project management best practices and tools, and ensure effective communication across teams, partnering with scientists to identify emerging issues and developing strategies for risk mitigation.
This role will report to the chief operating officer and work closely with the scientific team leads (as well as the growing scientific team).
- Document project plans for major research projects and closely track progress using best practices
- Help anticipate resource needs (research materials and headcount) as projects evolve
- Invests early in processes to define questions to be answered, clarify roles and responsibilities, and establish action plans. Identify interdependencies and required cross-functional expertise. Helps establish metrics of success
- Respectfully seek to understand and challenge ideas to ensure thoughtful decision-making
- Organize, schedule and drive agendas for scientific meetings between internal scientists and with external collaborators
- Support preparation for broader scientific program review meetings between teams and with our external advisors
- Coordinate alliances with external research collaborators and contract research organizations
- Help deploy and maintain our laboratory information management system (LIMS) in coordination with our software engineers
- Communicate in writing and verbally at a level tailored to the situation and audience
- Seamlessly facilitate multiple workstreams and areas of responsibility. Adapt to new information in thoughtful, timely, productive manner
- Lead without direct reporting responsibility by setting clear vision, respecting value of subject matter expertise, and empowering cross-functional team members to perform well
This job might be great for you if you:
- have an M.S. or Ph.D. in neuroscience or a biology-related field (or equivalent experience) and are passionate about brain health
- have previous experience as a Project Manager using project management best practices (PMP certification preferred but not required)
- have previous experience pursuing sponsored research funding and alliances with external partners
- enjoy working with and across teams with distinct skill sets
- believe that transparent communication is key to success and are able to build consensus across groups
- can work with the team leads to align priorities and help maintain focus on the most mission critical tasks
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level. Title commensurate with experience. Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.