Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, and eagerly navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment in a pre-clinical biotech company. As a Research Associate at Cajal, you will assist in the design and production of viral and genetic tools to support the translational models and functional genomics groups, integral parts of our platform to find new therapeutic targets in neurodegenerative disease progression.
- Clone plasmids for new AAV vectors (restriction digest and ligation cloning, Gibson Assembly, DNA sequencing and alignment analysis, DNA plasmid preparation)
- Collaboratively work across teams to design new AAV vectors
- Assist with AAV production, isolation, and quality control (qPCR and western blotting)
- Optimize and develop protocols for AAV production pipeline
This job might be great for you if you:
- have experience cloning plasmid DNA (experience designing and cloning viral vectors, such as AAV, is a plus),
- have experience in a variety of cellular and molecular techniques such as plasmid preparation, DNA sequencing, qPCR, cell culture, western blotting, etc.,
- are excited about learning and implementing novel techniques like single-cell sequencing and CRISPR,
- are detail-oriented and thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented startup environment,
- love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work,
- have a BA, BS, MS or equivalent in a biology-related field.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets and therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level. Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.