Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, eagerly trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Research Associate in the Technology Development group at Cajal, you will prepare specimens for the in-development spatial transcriptomics and sequencing-based transcriptomics pipelines. These modalities will be an integral part of our platform for finding and validating new therapeutic targets in neurodegenerative disease progression.
The position is open to all levels of qualified candidates, from Research Associate to Senior Research Associate (0-3 years post-degree for the former; 8+ years for the latter). For the purposes of the qualifications below, extracurricular laboratory experience while persuing a degree or clinical lab experience is recognized.
This job might be great for you if you:
• Have at least one year of experience with molecular biology, including RNA synthesis or library preparations.
• Have demonstrated experience with RNA sequencing and maintaining RNase-free and/or aseptic environments
• Have demonstrated experience optimizing and troubleshooting protocols in a molecular biology laboratory setting.
• Have strong documentation and communication skills concerning laboratory processes.
• Experience with tissue sectioning, histology, and neuroanatomy are desired.
• Experience with image analysis, including ImageJ/FIJI and Python programming, is a plus.
• Are excited about learning and implementing novel techniques and playing a key role in developing scalable scientific infrastructure.
• Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
• Love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work.
• Have a BA, BS, or MS in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or a related discipline.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work