Cajal is seeking a Computational Geneticist (Scientist I) motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, and eagerly navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment in a pre-clinical biotech company. As a Scientist in the Computational Biology group at Cajal, you will perform computational tasks and help develop a target prioritization pipeline.
- Design and/or execute computational analyses to help prioritize targets for functional screening.
- Work closely with the rest of the computational biology team at Cajal.
- Help develop new computational pipelines.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have experience with variant annotation tools, such as (but not limited to): snpEFF, VEP, and ANNOVAR.
- Have experience with pathway enrichment algorithms, including over-representation analysis (ORA) and/or gene set enrichment analysis (GSEA).
- Have 1+ year(s) of work experience in bioinformatics, computational genetics, or related fields.
- Have 1+ year(s) of programming experience using Python (e.g., pandas library) and/or R (e.g., Bioconductor packages).
- Have experience fitting statistical models to large datasets (e.g., generalized linear models).
- Are familiar with AWS.
- Are excited about learning and implementing novel analytical techniques and playing a key role in developing scalable infrastructure.
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Have an M.S. with 2+ years of experience, or a Ph.D. with 1+ years of experience, in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Human Genetics, or a related discipline.
Cajal is a newly established, well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery: how to model and treat complex diseases of the brain. We apply high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work. Come join us in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.