Cajal is seeking a Scientist motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on trouble-shooting random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Scientist at Cajal, you will be part of the functional genomics group, an integral part of our platform to find new therapeutic targets in neurodegenerative disease.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have 2+ year(s) of experience with generation and analyses of datasets from next-generation sequencing technologies (e.g., Illumina).
- Have proficiency with scientific languages and libraries (e.g. Numpy, Scanpy, tidyverse).
- Have proficiency with scRNA-seq analyses (e.g. cell clustering, differential expression).
- Are familiar with high-throughput screening data generation and analysis as a plus.
- Are familiar with software development best-practices, including source control (e.g. Git).
- Work well in a team environment and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a PhD in biology, computational biology or have equivalent experience.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work.