Scientist, Computational Biology
Cajal is seeking a Scientist motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, eagerly trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Scientist at Cajal you’ll work closely with scientists on the preclinical biology and computational biology teams to analyze both public and internally generated single cell RNA-sequencing data-sets to prioritize drivers of neurodegeneration.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have 2+ year(s) of experience in single cell RNA-seq data generation and analysis.
- Proficiency with scientific languages and libraries (e.g. Numpy/Scipy, R) and commonly used scRNA-seq analysis libraries (e.g. Seurat, Monocle, SCANPY).
- Familiarity with statistical best practices for analysis of gene expression data (e.g. VOOM, CQN normalization, batch effect correction, Limma, ComBat).
- Proficiency with scRNA-seq analyses (e.g. cell clustering, differential expression, cell proportion changes), familiarity with pseudotime (manifold learning) and/or RNA velocity analyses is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with expression QTL and/or splice QTL analyses is a plus.
- Familiar with software development best-practices, including source control (e.g. Git).
- Work well in a team environment and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Have a PhD in computational biology or have equivalent experience.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work.