Research Associate, Translational Models and Biomarkers
Cajal is seeking a Research Associate motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, eagerly trouble-shoot random tasks that arise in startups, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Research Associate at Cajal, you will be responsible for performing stereotaxic injections and establishing new in vivo assays related to neurodegenerative disease. These experiments are an integral part of our platform to screen for new targets with functional impact on neurodegenerative disease progression.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have 2+ year(s) of experience with stereotaxic surgery in mice
- Experience with rodent CSF collection, protein purification and quantification, or immunohistochemistry is a plus
- Are excited about learning and implementing novel techniques and playing a key role in developing scalable infrastructure.
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Love working in the lab, are organized, and take pride in your work.
- Have a BA, BS, or MS in biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work.