Cajal Neuroscience Inc.
Software Engineer, Computational Biology
Cajal is seeking a Software Engineer motivated by Cajal’s mission to develop new medicines for patients with neurodegenerative disorders. Our team members thrive on getting things done, building robust data generating and processing pipelines, and can navigate the uncertainty of an ever-changing and fast-paced environment. As a Software Engineer at Cajal you’ll work closely with other software engineers and computational biologists on the computational biology team to build scalable data and compute infrastructure and tools to enable our science teams to quickly store, process, and analyze TBs of imaging and multi-omic data.
This job might be great for you if you:
- Have 2+ year(s) of experience in data intensive software development.
- Expertise in at least one programming language. Proficiency with scientific languages and libraries preferred (e.g. Numpy/Scipy, R).
- Familiar with software development best-practices, including source control (e.g. Git) and continuous integration/deployment.
- Have experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred, e.g. CloudFormation, Fargate, Step Functions, Aurora) and container technology (e.g. Docker).
- Work well in a team environment and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Are excited about learning and implementing novel engineering approaches and playing a key role in developing scalable cloud infrastructure for data storage, access, and analysis.
- Are detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented startup environment.
- Have a BA or BS in computer science or data engineering or have equivalent experience.
Cajal is a well-funded team of experienced scientists looking to solve one of the most vexing problems in drug discovery. We are applying high throughput microscopy, functional genetic screening, and multi-omics approaches to identify new drug targets for neurodegenerative diseases.
Medical, dental, & vision coverage with competitive compensation based on experience level.
Cajal Neuroscience is an equal opportunity company. We believe we are a team of people first, and we do our best to make sure all of our team members feel supported and connected at work.