Our teams develop technologies to process and deliver live video streams at scale with low latency. We are improving the internals of WebRTC and low latency http delivery. We help build developer tools and infrastructure used by our teams to design, write, and deliver our microservices, API, and persistence and caching layers. Our Application Development team builds the top tier applications and tools used by broadcasters to create and share unique, live content to our viewers on iOS, Android, Windows, and the Web. Our work also allows for integrations and SDKs that empower game developers, linear television media content producers, and other partners to stream their live video content.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a trusted partner to technical leaders and engineering managers, guiding them through technical design, architecture, debugging, and performance optimization.
- Collaborate with VPE to set technical direction and strategy, and communicate these optimal throughout the company.
- Improve and develop Caffeine's software stack, and work with the team to maintain and communicate the architectural roadmap.
- Own the charge in building out a short and long term technology roadmap for software engineering.
- Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies, highlighting short-term trade-offs vs. long-term commitments outwardly to engineering and wider teams.
- Ensure that solutions are scalable, secure, efficient, effective and supportable.
- Mentor and coach software engineering staff.
- Partner with Engineering Directors to drive efficient software development practices.
- Stay abreast of technology trends that are applicable or may impact business.
- Partner with legal on intellectual property portfolio development.
- Be deeply integrated with the code, write and push code as needed alongside team members.
Who You Are & What You've Done:
- 10-15 years experience in product delivery and architecture, including 5+ years as an Architect of a customer-facing products.
- Take a collaborative approach and ask questions about design choices, providing insights based on past experience and knowledge to help engineers learn to make strong architecture decisions.
- Have a strong ability to collaborate, communicate and influence in a way that leaves the team feeling inspired. You help others learn!
- Have experience communicating technical topics to external entities.
- Focus on code delivery with speed, stability, security, and scale. You excel and thrive in a start-up environment where excellent decisions need to be made in the face of ambiguity, and change is constant.
- Take an active role in the wider software development community as a leader with a point of view.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.