We are looking for a Product Design Manager who will be immersed in every aspect of product design and implementation. You will be joining a design group that prioritizes excellence and execution at a company that values its design DNA. We seek to follow a design-driven, data-informed product development process at Caffeine and your team leadership will help us envision and ship well-designed experiences that are intuitive and informed.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the Product Design team to create outstanding work that meaningfully moves Caffeine forward. Cultivate the design craft and careers of a growing team of 6 product designers, design prototypers, and production designers.
- Apply your own design expertise and high craft to guide each designer to achieve their potential and to ensure each project achieves its experience goals. Lead brainstorms and critiques to prepare work for leadership review and successful cross-collaboration.
- Drive the design team toward innovative, intentional, effective solutions that address short-term goals and ladder into longer-term game changes. Ensure successful solutions make it through the development process, quality assurance, shipping to customers and learning from our results.
- Represent the design team's focus on users, design thinking and quality standards in cross-functional conversations with leadership in Product, Engineering and more to decide on team projects, priorities and process.
Who are you and what you've done:
- 2+ years of experience in a role managing a team of designers. You are experienced at leading design critiques and facilitating team brainstorms. You're enthusiastic about working with design prototypers and production designers to explore designs and see them across the finish line!
- 5+ years of IC experience as a product designer with a proven foundation in typography, interaction design, visual design, and ideation. You enjoy developing and telling compelling stories through excellent design, verbal and written communication skills.
- You can recognize when to invest in big bets and when to knock out quick wins, and know how to take designers, leaders and partners on a journey towards understanding and shared vision. You have a skill for diplomacy and building bridges with collaborators and leaders, while holding fast to the highest quality standards.
- A creative problem-solver with high emotional intelligence. You prioritize building trust with your team and cross-functionally, while using your expertise in user experience and the design process to drive teams toward outcomes that make everyone proud.
- You have a nuanced understanding of diverse and inclusive hiring practices. You are energized by leading and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Caffeine. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, and better ideas allow us to better understand the needs and interests of our diverse, global community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and are an equal opportunity employer.