Cadre is a technology-driven real estate investment management company with multiple offices across the U.S. Since its founding in 2014, Cadre has invested $1.2 billion of equity totaling nearly $4.3 billion of total transaction value across 24 markets. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology to seek superior risk adjusted returns for our investors, which include endowments, foundations, wealth managers, family offices, and individual accredited investors. Our mission is to provide more individuals with superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments. We believe that commercial real estate investing is a cornerstone of wealth creation, and access should not be limited to the few.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Cadre is seeking a talented, analytical, and highly motivated investment professional to assist in asset management functions across our expansive and growing portfolio. You will focus on the execution of business plans across Cadre’s portfolio, providing integral analytical support to the asset management team. The position will require close interaction and collaboration with company leadership, acquisitions, accounting, investor relations, and external operating partners. You will have the opportunity to collaborate across the firm to help shape business, investment, and product strategy.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and update financial models and analyses including: detailed cashflow modeling, lease analysis, return on cost analysis, sell now and/or refinancing scenarios, and Argus
- Perform detailed financial analysis and prepare periodical reports to identify trends and track performance of Cadre’s portfolio assets
- Review monthly financial reports to actively monitor operating performance, variances to budgets and underwriting, and significant changes in the assets and their respective markets
- Engage in monthly calls and meetings with operating partners to review asset performance and adherence to business plan
- Collaborate closely with acquisitions, finance, legal, investor relations, product, engineering, and investor relations teams on all aspects of the portfolio.
- Conduct analysis in conjunction with preparation of Investment Committee materials, including recommendations on asset dispositions, refinancing processes, or major changes to business plans
- Analyze, normalize and synthesize property-level data for use in proprietary asset management tools.
- Participate in calls with third party professionals to gather equity and debt capital markets intel, macroeconomic trends, and market/submarket-specific trends.
- Help to research and monitor geographic market trends relative to investment value, leasing, costs, and supply/demand fundamentals in conjunction with Cadre’s data science program
- Assist in generating quarterly reporting and investor updates
- Actively monitor net cash position and go-forward cash flow projections of all assets in Cadre’s portfolio, as well as review and approve quarterly distributions and capital calls.
- Monitor and track compliance of all covenants in loan documents, joint venture agreements, and other relevant agreements.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 1-3 years of experience in a private equity real estate, real estate investment banking, or investment sales role
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint with the ability to create in-depth financial models; Argus knowledge preferred
- Command of real estate specific financial statements (P&L, balance sheet, rent roll, etc.)
- Comprehension of real estate fundamentals and terminology
- Strong initiative and ability to work both within a team and independently with minimal guidance
- A heightened attention to detail – must be meticulous and consistently accurate
- Excellent communication, written and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to take risks and accept failure
- Progressive attitude; respect and fully understands and believes in the potential of the role of technology and data in real estate
WHAT WE OFFER
At Cadre, we are on a mission to give more people the opportunity to improve their financial futures and our people are the driving force. We have one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry, including:
- Base, bonus, and equity packages for every position
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family with generously subsidized premiums
- A flexible time off policy
- Exclusive company rates at Equinox gyms
- 12 weeks of fully compensated new parent leave
- Generous home office stipend and wifi and cell-phone reimbursement
- 401k match
- Summer Fridays
- Company-wide gatherings and team events held in our beautiful NYC office on a quarterly basis
WHAT WE STAND FOR
We view diversity as a critical imperative and an asset, and want our team to be as diverse as the communities we work to serve. Our mission and culture are grounded in our commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Learn more about our commitment to DEI here: https://cadre.com/insights/cadre-commitment-to-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
While our backgrounds are varied, we are united in our curiosity, obsession with solving difficult problems, and dedication to our mission.
The base salary for this role ranges from $90,000-$100,000 plus bonus and equity. Total compensation will be heavily weighted towards annualized bonus. The final offer for base salary will be determined based on location and experience, both in industry and alignment with the role.