Cadre is a next-generation technology-driven real estate investment platform for commercial real estate, democratizing access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. We believe that commercial real estate is a cornerstone of wealth creation, and access should not be limited to the few. With over $130 million in investments from the likes of A16z, Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, General Catalyst, and Founders Fund, Cadre is positioned to reimagine real estate investing, and is only just getting started.
We are on a mission to give more people the opportunity to improve their financial futures and our people are the driving force. While our backgrounds are varied, we are united in our curiosity, obsession with solving difficult problems, and dedication to our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Lead Product Designer who will own the design direction at Cadre. As a Design Lead, you will be responsible for helping our team deeply understand the needs of our investors and build delightful and intuitive experiences throughout their investing journey. You will also oversee the user experience of our internal tools that enable our teams to efficiently serve our customers. You will work closely with the team to influence not only what we build, but how we build it by developing best practices in user research, UI/UX, design systems, implementation/delivery, and gathering feedback.
The Lead Product Designer position is an individual contributor (IC) role that will report to the Head of Product. This is the highest design position at the company so there are also opportunities to manage other designers if desired. Success in this role is defined by team performance as well as the quality of the user experience including the impact, consistency, ease of use, and aesthetics of the final product.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead the design direction at Cadre
- Collaborate closely with the product, engineering, and design teams in New York to help define features and ensure high-quality user experiences
- Design wireframes, flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Give and solicit feedback from your fellow designers and other product team members
- Own the design problems and decisions from initial concept to launch (and beyond)
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 6+ years of product design experience
- Portfolio showcasing strong design fundamentals and meaningful product work with demonstrable business impact
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse teams
- Experience shipping multiple products
- Experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences
- Proven comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback and constructive criticism
- Excellence in communicating and conveying your ideas clearly
We view diversity as a critical imperative and asset, and want our team to be as diverse as the communities we work to serve. Our mission and culture are grounded in our commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Learn more about our commitment to DEI here: https://cadre.com/insights/cadre-commitment-to-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/