Cadre is building a technology-driven investment platform for commercial real estate, opening up access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. Our platform connects qualified individuals and institutions to fully vetted, compelling real estate investment opportunities. We combine our institutional experience with differentiated technology in order to empower our investors through direct access, lower fees, and greater transparency. Our mission is to provide superior access and insight to the universe of alternative investments.
Cadre is on the lookout for an Asset Management Associate to assist in all asset management functions across our rapidly growing portfolio. You will act as a liaison between Cadre and its operating partners with a focus on overseeing the execution of the business plan and supporting the day-to-day responsibilities of the asset management team. The position will require close interaction and collaboration with company leadership, acquisitions, accounting, investor relations, and external operating partners. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to industry-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Strategic asset management of a portfolio of real estate assets located throughout the U.S.
- Perform detailed financial analysis and prepare periodical asset management reports
- Review monthly operating reports to help track operating performance, operating budget variances, and significant changes in the assets and their respective markets
- Actively monitor and manage owned assets with operating partners to maximize distributable cash flow and long term economic value
- Work with operating partners to create operating budgets and business plans
- Participate in quarterly valuation process to Senior Management
- Monitor the progress of capital improvement projects and spending for adherence to approved plans and identify cost variances
- Help to provide recommendations to Senior Management on potential refinancings and asset dispositions.
- Develop and implement strategy for each investment including hold/refinance/sell recommendations
- Participate in calls with operating partners for asset and market performance updates
- Monitor and track compliance of all guidelines in the loan documents, joint venture agreements, and other relevant agreements
- Help to research and monitor geographic market trends relative to investment value, leasing, costs, and supply/demand fundamentals in conjunction with Cadre’s data science program
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 4+ years of experience with equity investments across multiple property types with an emphasis in office and multifamily properties
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Demonstrated understanding of Excel and Argus and overall modeling process
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly analytical, heightened attention to detail – must be meticulous and consistently accurate
- Ability to work well with direct and cross-functional teams as a leader and a collaborator;
- Proactive, diligent team player who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to take risks and accept failure