Cadre is a next-generation technology-driven real estate investment platform for commercial real estate, democratizing access to a 16 trillion dollar asset class favored by private equity firms, hedge funds, and institutional investors. We believe that commercial real estate is a cornerstone of wealth creation, and access should not be limited to the few. With over $130 million in investments from the likes of A16z, Khosla Ventures, Thrive Capital, General Catalyst, and Founders Fund, Cadre is positioned to reimagine real estate investing, and is only just getting started.
We are on a mission to give more people the opportunity to improve their financial futures and our people are the driving force. While our backgrounds are varied, we are united in our curiosity, obsession with solving difficult problems, and dedication to our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Cadre is on the lookout for an Asset Management Associate to assist in all asset management functions across our rapidly growing portfolio. You will act as a liaison between Cadre and its operating partners with a focus on overseeing the execution of the business plan and supporting the day-to-day responsibilities of the asset management team. The position will require close interaction and collaboration with company leadership, acquisitions, accounting, investor relations, and external operating partners. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to industry-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Strategic asset management of a portfolio of real estate assets located throughout the U.S.
- Perform detailed financial analysis and prepare periodical asset management reports
- Review monthly operating reports to help track operating performance, operating budget variances, and significant changes in the assets and their respective markets
- Actively monitor and manage owned assets with operating partners to maximize distributable cash flow and long term economic value
- Work with operating partners to create operating budgets and business plans
- Participate in quarterly valuation process to Senior Management
- Monitor the progress of capital improvement projects and spending for adherence to approved plans and identify cost variances
- Help to provide recommendations to Senior Management on potential refinancings and asset dispositions.
- Develop and implement strategy for each investment including hold/refinance/sell recommendations
- Participate in calls with operating partners for asset and market performance updates
- Monitor and track compliance of all guidelines in the loan documents, joint venture agreements, and other relevant agreements
- Help to research and monitor geographic market trends relative to investment value, leasing, costs, and supply/demand fundamentals in conjunction with Cadre’s data science program
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 4+ years of experience with equity investments across multiple property types with an emphasis in office and multifamily properties
- Strong understanding of real estate fundamentals
- Demonstrated understanding of Excel and Argus and overall modeling process
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Highly analytical, heightened attention to detail – must be meticulous and consistently accurate
- Ability to work well with direct and cross-functional teams as a leader and a collaborator;
- Proactive, diligent team player who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to take risks and accept failure
We view diversity as a critical imperative and asset, and want our team to be as diverse as the communities we work to serve. Our mission and culture are grounded in our commitment to fostering diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging and providing equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Learn more about our commitment to DEI here: https://cadre.com/insights/cadre-commitment-to-diversity-equity-and-inclusion/