Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the role:
We are looking for a VP of People & Culture with experience working in fast paced environments, high level of impact and contribution to people teams and company mission.
The mission of the role:
The Vice President of People will have the task of designing and implementing a people strategy that helps Cabify's growth at the present time, maintaining the essence of the company, in accordance with its principles and values. Additionally, you'll partner with our company's senior management to understand their priorities and goals, and create overall people strategies and plans that align with results.
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Provide overall leadership and guidance by overseeing talent acquisition, employee career development, succession planning, retention programs, training and leadership development.
- Develop initiatives, policies and programs to complement existing practices and create consistency throughout the organization and company momentum.
- Being a strategic advisor of human capital for top management.
- Oversee benefit and compensation plans to ensure cost efficiency and attractiveness to retain top talent.
- Recruit and manage a team of high performing people.
- Manage the delivery of all general HR activities covering employee training and development, compensation, benefits, systems administration, organizational or resource planning, organizational change management, and other services.
- Liaise with subject matter experts within the broader business (eg, recruitment, finance, legal) to collaborate, provide guidance, and optimize where possible.
- Work with a leadership team to create and implement people solutions to continue to drive engagement and productivity, and culture.
- Develop and implement new policies, practices, and programs to meet organizational and Executive/Strategic Management needs.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 15 years of experience in People,
- Previous experiences in digital/technological business in international HR environments.
- You are practical, not afraid of change, and easily adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- You like to do things and you have a great performance.
- You are a great communicator and can easily navigate between different stakeholders and understand different business needs.
- High degree of personal credibility and ability to influence.
- At least 10 years experience managing a team (especially multinational, multidisciplinary and remote).
- Easily adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Exhibit strong integrity and loyalty to corporate vision & mission
- Previous experience in working in hyper-growth startups and/or fast-paced environments is a strong bonus.
- Strong managerial, interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision making, problem solving, negotiation and verbal and written communication skills
- High level of english.
- Affinity with our principles.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great alignment with our principles, we take this very seriously.
- Act as a co-owner: someone who works hard and is proud of what he/she does. Has initiative and acts by cooperating when something doesn't work. But most important of all, he has a vocation for service.
- Trust, communicate and develop: a person who listens and learns, communicates efficiently, is transparent and demands the same from others.
- Embrace and drive change: change creates new opportunities. Be the change we need to scale and improve even more.
- Analyze, innovate, and simplify: a person who solves the root of the problem and not their symptoms. Raise hypotheses and test them. Share data, facts and not opinions. Innovate, be creative, make new mistakes and share them so we can learn from them. Throw out the obsolete, look for simplicity and scalability.
- Contribute and engage: someone who shares data to make the best decision. Make decisions and avoid overanalysis paralysis.
- Makes an impact: It seeks to produce added value for its actions. Think "done" is better than "perfect." Don’t reinvent the wheel. Delivery... and keeps getting better.
- Positive and humble attitude: Make sure that the people around you enjoy Mondays. Be constructive in the face of adversity and especially in the face of mistakes. Promote diversity and respect different opinions.
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Excellent Salary conditions.
- Recharge day
- Hybrid Remote (Model), Our office is located in Madrid.
- Flexible work environment & hours.
- Regular team events.
- Cabify staff free rides.
- Personal development programs based on our career paths.
- Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- All the equipment you need (you only have to bring your talent).
- A pet room ,so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home