Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go… Do you want to join us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in dozens of cities across Spain and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws, and as a socially responsible company where innovation comes first, we’re always looking to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace through our talent acquisition policy.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
The Head of Finance Spain is responsible for leading the company’s financial strategy for the Spanish market. The key to this position is being able to drive the Finance team for business impact ensuring the achievement of financial and business objectives through our different revenue streams within different clients (private, corporate, drivers, fleets) and business units (Mobility and Fleet).
In this position you will be responsible for the finance strategy, budget planning/modelling and operative controlling (treasury, accounting & taxes), building the finance plan and validation of the business plans focusing on maximizing ROI and unit economics of each revenue stream and/or business unit focusing to maximize the Company Business Plan achievement. All these work streams must be managed to generate efficient and scalable financial results to our different business departments.
This is a critical role for Cabify's growth and, as such, it reports directly to the Global Finance VP as well as to the Country Manager.
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Planning, structuring, managing and controlling our financial resources;
- Developing and implementing a finance strategy focused on resource allocation and ROI maximization across multiple Revenue Lines and Business Units (mobility & fleet);
- Ensure and manage the correct implementation and improvement of business processes & tools (mobility, fleet) to guarantee an effective & efficient finance and business control;
- Lead the Budget Planning procedure and manage the finance plan and budget (yearly, quarterly and monthly) guaranteeing the perfect connection between finance and business objectives across different revenue lines and/or business units (mobility & fleet);
- Conducting earnings, cost, ROI and profit analyses for optimal planning and budget allocation across revenue lines and business units (mobility & fleet);
- Tropicalize and guarantee the implementation of the Global Finance strategy, procedures and policy;
- Develop analytical frameworks and reports to support decision making cycles related to business financial performance (Unit Economics and P&L focus). Report and lead the implementation of potential improvements in business according to its objectives;
- Structuring, managing and controlling the day-to-day activities of the department and ensure the perfect coordination with HQ finance operations disciplines;
- Lead and work in strategic finance and business projects being a clear reference of finance modeling and controlling;
- Support and work with legal, policy and HQ finance departments to ensure the compliance with financial and legal regulations;
- Building and developing a strong department to support strategic initiatives and routines with Business and HQ Finance Departments;
- Develop and evolve the finance governance between Spain Business units (Mobility, Vecttor), Spain conglomerate and HQ;
- Define priorities and projects to ensure the achievement of the company strategy;
We are looking for you, you are a rock star!!!
- Act as a co-owner: someone who works hard and is proud of what he/she does. Has initiative and acts by cooperating when something doesn't work. But most important of all, he has a vocation for service.
- Trust, communicate and develop: a person who listens and learns, communicates efficiently, is transparent and demands the same from others.
- Embrace and drive change: change creates new opportunities. Be the change motivator. We need to continuously scale and improve even more.
- Analyze, innovate, and simplify: a person who solves the root of the problem and not their symptoms. Raise hypotheses and test them. Share data, facts and not opinions. Innovate, be creative, make new mistakes and share them so we can learn from them. Throw out the obsolete, look for simplicity and scalability. Straight to the point communication capacity.
- Contribute and engage: someone who shares data to make the best decision. Make decisions and avoid overanalysis paralysis.
- Makes an impact: It seeks to produce added value for its actions. Think "done" is better than "perfect." Don’t reinvent the wheel. Delivery... and keeps getting better.
- Positive and humble attitude: Make sure that the people around you enjoy Mondays. Be constructive in the face of adversity and especially in the face of mistakes. Promote diversity and respect different opinions.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 7 to 10 years of experience in Finance Departments, Finance Strategy & Controlling, Strategic Consulting or related fields.
- Knowledge and expertise about Treasury, Financial Audits, Accounting, and Reporting, as well as leading direct and indirect finance teams;
- Strong project management and indirect team management: You will oversee the local finance department and work closely with other business disciplines to guarantee the perfect execution of the finance strategy.
- Hands-on experience in Budgeting, Forecasting and Controlling;
- Demonstrated leadership experience leading and up-skilling teams of senior and junior associates;
- Quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and advanced finance plan and analysis experience;
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic projects/positions experience;
- Knowledge on finance tools implementation & development (eg. ERPs, forecasting & controlling systems), operations/financial processes synergies is a strong plus.
About the team you’ll work with:
We are a fully committed team with a strong focus in one single thing: ‘killing it!’ You’ll join a fantastic team of bright, ambitious, and experienced miracle-makers who spread the Cabify footprint and landscape with energy, positivity and lots of passion. We love what we do, supporting each other at all times to secure the best Cabify experience for our drivers, partners and riders.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular, fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs
- Perks: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare, and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- And last but not least...free coffee!