About us & our culture
Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Our Product & Engineering teams include an eclectic bunch of awesome and diverse people from different backgrounds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries.
Right now, we have more than 20 million users around the world. We work across 8 countries and 90 cities, adapting our product fast to be leaders in all those markets and taking care about sustainability.
We are looking for engineers with experience working with any backend technology, you will be working with Go, Elixir or Ruby for your day-to-day work. We believe that even if you have worked in other programming languages such as Java all your life you can still pick up Elixir or Go quickly. For us, it is more important to have someone who is adaptable and learns programming languages quickly.
At Technology you will:
- Collaborate with the principal engineers on developments planning and architecture designs.
- Lead subprojects, building and maintaining distributed, clean, testable and data-driven applications.
- Improve services reliability, scalability and performance.
- Own your code all the way to production with a self-service continuous delivery pipeline and production infrastructure.
- Dive deep into host-level problem-solving and help to improve detection methods.
- Play a vital role in nurturing our engineering culture, emphasizing quality through peer-reviews, monitoring, and on-call best practices.
- Mentor junior developers to help them grow.
- Collaborate closely with the Data Science team on data-driven feature development.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great alignment with our principles, we take this very seriously.
- Sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems in a production environment.
- Experience with common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work independently, but being a good team player too.
- Ability to understand and help to make great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!
- Experience slaying monoliths is a plus!
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our high-perfomance team.
- 💶Excellent Salary conditions: up to 72K
- 🏝️Recharge day: Every 3rd Friday monthly off!
- 🌍Our office is located in Madrid. This position is open to a full remote and also to a partially onsite model.
- ⌚Flexible work environment & hours.
- 🙌Regular team events.
- 🚗Cabify staff free rides.
- 🚀Personal development programs based on our career paths.
- 📚Annual budget for training
- 📐Coursera: your own license in Coursera to take as many courses as you wish and continue developing your skills.
- 🧘♀️ iFeel: Free access to the iFeel platform, so you can take care of your emotional well-being through therapy sessions.
- 💳Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- 💻All the equipment you need (you only have to bring your talent).
- 🐱A pet room ,so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- ☕️And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability.