Global Head of Tax
Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
The Head of this Department is responsible for defining and coordinating Cabify's tax strategy, and its implementation in order to achieve the company's objectives across different types of business, countries and societies. The key to this position is being able to plan the tax strategy, execute it and provide support for the group's companies.
In this position, you will be responsible for the tax strategy for all types of business; corporate structure; planning management and review of new business units; support in the opening and closing of companies; transfer pricing strategy, third-party management and monitoring. All these workflows must be managed to generate efficient and scalable results for our different business departments, mainly in line with operational and financial strategies.
This is a strategic critical role for Cabify which reports directly to the VP of Finance.
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Developing and implementing a tax strategy focused on tax optimization;
- Ensuring that the strategy and procedures are uniform across countries and business units;
- Leading the Transfer Pricing process regarding strategic planning at the group level;
- Be responsible for the Transfer Pricing documentation to be carried out by an external advisor
- Tax support on M&A;
- Tax audit leading and coordination.
- Ensuring that the locations comply with the requirements and legislation applicable to each society;
- Be responsible for the management and monitoring of contracted third parties;
- Be the fiscal focal point for consultations regarding new projects and fiscal demands;
- Leading the Global Tax team;
- Be responsible for the planning and execution of the corporate structure regarding holdings and subsidiaries;
- Be responsible for the tax credits planning at the individual corporate level;
- Supporting and working with Headquarters Legal and Finance departments to ensure compliance with financial and legal regulations;
- Ensuring perfect coordination with HQ's Finance teams to be effective in the decision-making of the Top Management and Business teams.
How we would like you to be:
- Act as a co-owner: someone who works hard and is proud of what he/she does. Has initiative and acts by cooperating when something doesn't work. But most important of all, he has a vocation for service.
- Trust, communicate and develop: a person who listens and learns, communicates efficiently, is transparent and demands the same from others.
- Embrace and drive change: change creates new opportunities. Be the change we need to scale and improve even more.
- Analyze, innovate, and simplify: a person who solves the root of the problem and not their symptoms. Raise hypotheses and test them. Share data, facts and not opinions. Innovate, be creative, make new mistakes and share them so we can learn from them. Throw out the obsolete, look for simplicity and scalability.
- Contribute and engage: someone who shares data to make the best decision. Make decisions and avoid overanalysis paralysis.
- Makes an impact: It seeks to produce added value for its actions. Think "done" is better than "perfect." Don’t reinvent the wheel. Delivery... and keeps getting better.
- Positive and humble attitude: Make sure that the people around you enjoy Mondays. Be constructive in the face of adversity and especially in the face of mistakes. Promote diversity and respect different opinions.
What we’re looking for:
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Tax Departments, Strategic Consulting or Big Four;
- Knowledge and expertise in European and Latam tax planning;
- Knowledge and expertise in multinationals with a corporate structure divided between subsidiaries and holding companies;
- Strong project management and indirect team management: you will lead the global tax department and work closely with other local tax teams;
- Experience in leading transfer pricing studies.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular, fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs
- Complementary healthcare insurance.
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- And last but not least...free coffee&fruit!