At Cabify we aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 90 cities across Spain and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
We’re looking for a great Data Scientist who brings a lot of experience in the three main branches of Data Science: statistical inference, machine learning and data analysis. You will be expected to have a good understanding of those fields, so we are looking for someone with expertise and experience in similar positions. Besides those, we highly value people with first-hand experience with deploying machine learning models into production.
- Strong knowledge on either R or python for data analysis and data visualization libraries (ggplot, seaborn, plotly...)
- Strong educational background, e.g Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience using Machine Learning techniques and applying them in production environments
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
- A background in Probability & Statistics would be a bonus
- Experience publishing in peer reviewed scientific journals is a plus
- Experience with geo data modelling, analysis and viz is a plus, we LOVE maps, especially if they tell stories :)
Data Science at Cabify
There are three things that we believe differentiate this offer at Cabify from most of the Data Science positions you see everywhere:
- We have already in place a world-class data architecture and infrastructure, both from production and analytics. We also have an exceptional Data Engineering team that provides the support and pipelines necessary to do real Data Science.
- We have a truly exceptional Data Science team. We come from all sorts of backgrounds: physics, software engineering, mathematics, industrial engineering, telecommunications, etc. and we hold ourselves to the most rigorous standards.
- Very high probability of making a real impact on the world. Being mobility-as-a-service a very new industry and Cabify a company with global reach, the work we do is bound to have a massive and immediate impact. It’s part of what makes this place really attractive to work as a Data Scientist.
Being mobility as service a very new field, you will find yourself making huge impacts because we often face problems no one ever faced before. Deciding how to charge for a ride, which car should pick up a certain passenger or how should we more wisely invest our growth effort are real-time decisions we have already proved we can make an impact (you can see by yourself exhibit 1, exhibit 2), and we are sure with amazing individuals such as you joining the team we will get them significantly better.
As you can imagine this is an extremely exciting time for Cabify and the Data Science team, and people who join us now are guaranteed to have a huge impact in the business and the future of cities. Data Science team currently hosts 10 exceptional data wizards and we are looking for more people with “superpowers”. And if ride hailing was not enough of a challenge, Data Science Team is now also expected to significantly contribute to the hyper growth of MOVO, our electric motorbikes and kick-scooters brand. If you also love our cities to go greener, it is the perfect time to join us.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Competitive salary based on experience: [32k-48k]
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff allowance
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself.
- And last but not least… free coffee and fruit!