Do you want to help us to change the world? At Cabify and Movo, We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as kick-scooter and mopeds and many others to come, at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Our Product & Engineering teams include an eclectic bunch of awesome and diverse people from different backgrounds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries.
Right now, we have more than 20 million users around the world. We work across 11 countries and 90 cities, adapting our product fast to be leaders in all of those markets and taking care about sustainability. We’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up. We are looking for committed and proactive people who want to keep learning constantly and also, help us to grow technically and humanly working in collaboration with awesome people, and making an impact across our teams. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment is really important for us. That’s why we like to count with different points of view in our team that help us to solve problems in a better way.
We are looking for Engineer with experience working across the whole tech stack, whether that is writing a new service in Go or building a SPA in React. Though we use Go, Elixir and Ruby for our day to day backend work. We believe that even if you have worked in other programming languages such as Java all your life you can still pick up Go pretty quickly. For us, it is more important to have someone who is adaptable and can pick up languages quickly.
- Work on a product team that is focused on improving dozens of cities and improving the lives of millions of people.
- Evolving our existing services to improve them in terms of functionality, availability, scalability, observability and latency.
- Creating new services that will be used by our millions of users or by our internal teams within the Product organization.
- Building user interfaces in web or mobile technologies.
- Participating in our recruiting process to help grow our engineering team.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great alignment with our values, we take this very seriously.
- Good programming skills at least in one language, and know your way around a few more or can learn them if the opportunity arises.
- Knowledge about some web technology like React.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, but being a good team player too.
- Ability to understand and help to make great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Embrace diversity and humbleness.
- Strongly favor simplicity over complexity.
- Native mobile development is a plus!
What's it like to work at Cabify?
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Excellent Salary conditions at Engineering: Junior 24k-30k, Mid 30k-48k, Senior 48k-55k, Principal 55k-69k.
- We also offer a very competitive stock options plan. At Cabify we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long term investment in the company success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
- We offer a relocation package to people who are coming from another country.
- Our office is located in Madrid, but a fully remote position is also available for this role.
- Two Remote days available per week if you are working in our Madrid office.
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs based on our career paths
- Training programs
- Flexible compensation plan: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- And last but not least...free coffee and fruit!
Aren’t you sure about if you fulfill all of the requirements? Even, if this position stands out your curiosity, please apply for it. At Cabify we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers.
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!