Do you want to help us to change the world? At Cabify and Movo, We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as kick-scooter and mopeds and many others to come, at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Our Product & Engineering teams include an eclectic bunch of awesome and diverse people from different backgrounds who come together as collaborative and inclusive teams to push boundaries.
Right now, we have more than 20 million users around the world. We work across 11 countries and 90 cities, adapting our product fast to be leaders in all of those markets and taking care about sustainability. We’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up. We are looking for committed and proactive people who want to keep learning constantly and also, help us to grow technically and humanly working in collaboration with awesome people, and making an impact across our teams. Having a diverse and inclusive work environment is really important for us. That’s why we like to count with different points of view in our team that help us to solve problems in a better way.
About the team:
Cabify Data Team is part of the product team based in Madrid and include an eclectic bunch of awesome people. While cultivating sustainable 'smart cities' is gaining momentum, and it seems that everyone (and their brother) wants to be part of making this happen even if it is just by introducing 10 GPS bikes in their town, Cabify is one of the very few places where you can not only test and learn, but also implement great ideas that will inevitably impact how our cities will look in 20 years time.
Particularly at Data Science Team you would be working with a very high performance set of teammates (currently 9 people, expected to grow to 13 in 2020) with access to all data within the organization. At Data Science we use a state-of-the-art infrastructure that allows us to dimension problems, build prototypes and run experiments at a very fast pace. We have already in place a world-class data architecture and infrastructure, both from production and analytics. We also have an exceptional Data Engineering team that provides the support and pipelines necessary to do real Data Science.
Being mobility as service a very new field, you will find yourself making huge impacts because we often face problems no one ever faced before. Deciding how to charge for a ride, which car should pick up a certain passenger or how should we more wisely invest our growth effort are real-time decisions we have already proved we can make an impact (you can see by yourself exhibit 1, exhibit 2), and we are sure with amazing individuals such as you joining the team we will get them significantly better.
If ride hailing was not enough of a challenge, Data Science Team is now also expected to significantly contribute to the hyper growth of MOVO, our electric motorbikes and kick-scooters brand. If you also love our cities to go greener, it is the perfect time to join us.
About the role
We’re looking for a great Principal Data Scientist who brings a lot of experience in the three main branches of Data Science: statistical inference, machine learning and data analysis. You will be the technical reference in those fields so we are looking for someone with a lot of expertise and experience in similar positions in fast-paced technological environments.
- Be a technical reference for team in all domains of Data Science expertise. That includes academic knowledge, good research practices, up-to-date stack knowledge and the will and ability to convert all those into real and tangible business insights and to bring value to the company.
- We highly value people with first-hand experience with deploying machine learning models into production with all its subtleties and considerations: deploying, training, testing, model degradation, model serving, etc.
- Spread your technical expertise among the team and in a wider sense within the company. Although this a very technical position, the ability and talent to communicate complex ideas to all sorts of stakeholders is mandatory to promote a real data-driven culture in the company.
- Previous experience at senior or principal levels in high performing data science teams
- Strong knowledge or either R and python for data analysis (better if both) and data visualization libraries (ggplot, seaborn, plotly...)
- Strong educational background, e.g PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or 5 year applied research equivalent experience
- Experience bringing machine learning to production
- Strong background in Probability & Statistics would be a bonus
- Experience publishing in peer reviewed scientific journals is a plus
- Experience with geo data modelling, analysis and viz is a plus, we LOVE maps, especially if they tell stories :)
- Experience/knowledge in behavioural economics is a plus
- Ability to work autonomously in an unstructured environment
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change.
Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
Salary ranges for this role:
- Principal Data Scientist: 55K - 69K EUR + very competitive stock options plan
- Senior Principal Data Scientist: 69.6k - 80k EUR + very competitive stock options plan
- At Cabify we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long term invested in the company success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this goes in the form of stock options.
- Remote days available upon agreement
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: Restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- We offer relocation package to those coming from another country.
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself.
- And last but not least...free fruits & coffee!
Aren’t you sure about if you fulfill all of the requirements? Even, if this position stands out your curiosity, please apply for it. At Cabify we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers.
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!