Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go… Do you want to join us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 12 countries across Spain, Portugal and Latin America.. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws, and as a socially responsible company where innovation comes first, we’re always looking to promote a diverse and inclusive workplace through our talent acquisition policy.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
The Head of Finance is responsible for leading the company’s financial strategy for the local market, as well as managing the operations and projects of the Finance department—including financial planning, treasury, and accounting. The key to this position is being able to drive the Finance team for business impact ensuring the achievement of financial objectives.
This is a critical role for Cabify's growth and, as such, it reports directly to the Global Finance Director as well as to the local General Manager.
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Planning, structuring, managing and controlling our financial resources;
- Coordinating and developing our accounting operations for optimal efficiency;
- Developing and implementing a treasury strategy focused on resource allocation and cash flow management;
- Conducting earnings, cost and profit analyses for optimal planning and budget allocation;
- Ensuring compliance with financial and legal regulations, as well as external audits;
- Implementing and executing reliable administrative routines to keep all financial processes on track across the company’s departments and teams;
- Ensuring reporting effectiveness to the Global Finance team for results consolidation;
- Coordinating with Global Finance to implement and align local Finance strategies and objectives;
- Building, developing, and training a rockstar team.
We are looking for you, you are a rock star!!!
- You have a strong Financial and Business Knowledge profile and amazing communication skills. You never go to a meeting without a clear objective and a Plan B in mind!
- You are a great PMO, capable of implementing several projects in parallel;
- You are a natural leader, motivating your team with clear and consistent communication;
- You feel comfortable working with tight deadlines, under pressure, and in tough negotiation meetings;
- You are humble but you drive forward, motivating the entire team while embodying Cabify’s values at all times;
- You strike the perfect balance between efficiency and effectiveness: making the best out of every opportunity;
- You are always one step ahead of the game: keeping a close look on our competition with a proactive approach to MaaS evolution in your market;
- You are a strong multi-tasker with a clear “get things done” mentality, able to manage multiple stakeholders at any given point.
What we’re looking for:
- 5 to 10 years of experience in Finance Departments,
- Knowledge and expertise about Treasury, Financial Audits, Accounting, and Reporting, as well as leading finance teams;
- At least 3 to 4 years of experience leading and up-skilling teams of senior and junior associates;
- Hands-on experience in Budgeting and Forecasting;
- Previous experience in working in hyper-growth startups and/or fast-paced environments is a strong plus;
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field. Postgraduate degree is a plus;
- Demonstrated leadership experience;
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills;
- Knowledge on ERP implementation and development is a strong plus.
About the team you’ll work with:
We are a fully committed team with a strong focus in one single thing: ‘killing it!’ You’ll join a fantastic team of bright, ambitious, and experienced miracle-makers who spread the Cabify footprint and landscape with energy, positivity and lots of passion. We love what we do, supporting each other at all times to secure the best Cabify experience for our drivers, partners and riders.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular, fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- And last but not least...free coffee!