Do you want to change the world?
Let's keep it short and sweet...Here are some of the things you could be doing on a day-to-day basis in this position:
- Working on building and maintaining distributed applications
- Improving reliability, scalability and performance of our critical soft real-time services
- Developing new features and tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team
- Producing simple, maintainable code while always looking to improving on it
- Owning your code all the way to production with a continuous delivery pipeline by working closely with our Systems team following a DevOps philosophy
We are looking for someone with previous experience working with Go (desirable), however if not we are still happy to consider your application. We believe that even if you have worked in Java or C# all your life you can still pick up Go pretty quickly. For us it is more important to have someone who is adaptable and can pick up languages quickly. Some other things that we are looking for in our next team member is....
- Great Maths skills and a sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- Experience in secure handling of common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work both independently and with a small team.
- Ability to understand and get involved in product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!
- English advanced - Spanish are a differential.
The good stuff:
- Restaurant tickets, transport, healthcare, life insurance;
- Flexible work environment & hours;
- Remote working day every week;
- Cabify staff discounts;
- Regular fun team events;
- Birthday Day Off;
- Personal development programmes;
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself;
- Opportunity to work at an international start-up;
- And last but not least...free coffee!