Do you want to change the world?
Do you want to change the world? At Cabify and Movo, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as scooters and mopeds and many others to come, at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Our Product & Engineering teams are based in Madrid, São Paulo and 100% Remote, and include an eclectic bunch of awesome people from different backgrounds like Ruby, Go, Elixir, Java, PHP or Python.
Right now we’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up ready for innovative engineers to tackle and of course we have big plans to take over the taxi app service industry!
You could be working on anything from migrating our internal systems from Ruby to Elixir and Go, to working alongside the data team to understand user behaviours and build/make tweaks to new features. We have a lot of projects and teams to choose from.
Let's keep it short and sweet...Here are some of the things you could be doing on a day-to-day basis in this position:
- Working on building and maintaining distributed applications
- Improving reliability, scalability and performance of our critical soft real-time services
- Developing new features and tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team
- Producing simple, maintainable code while always looking to improving on it
- Owning your code all the way to production with a continuous delivery pipeline by working closely with our Systems team following a DevOps philosophy
We are looking for someone with previous experience working with Go (desirable), however if not we are still happy to consider your application. We believe that even if you have worked in Java or C# all your life you can still pick up Go pretty quickly. For us it is more important to have someone who is adaptable and can pick up languages quickly. Some other things that we are looking for in our next team member is....
- Great Maths skills and a sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- Experience in secure handling of common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work both independently and with a small team.
- Ability to understand and get involved in product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!
- English advanced - Spanish are a differential.
The good stuff:
- Restaurant tickets, transport, healthcare, life insurance;
- Flexible work environment & hours;
- Remote working day every week;
- Cabify staff discounts;
- Regular fun team events;
- Birthday Day Off;
- Personal development programmes;
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself;
- Opportunity to work at an international start-up;
- And last but not least...free coffee!