Do you want to change the world? At Cabify and Movo, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as scooters and mopeds and many others to come, at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us.
Our Product & Engineering teams are based in Madrid, São Paulo and 100% Remote, and include an eclectic bunch of awesome people from different backgrounds like Ruby, Go, Elixir, Java, PHP or Python.
Right now we’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up ready for innovative engineers to tackle and of course we have big plans to take over the taxi app service industry!
You could be working on anything from migrating our internal systems from Ruby to Elixir and Go, to working alongside the data team to understand user behaviours and build/make tweaks to new features. We have a lot of projects and teams to choose from.
- Work on cross-team, impactful projects.
- Lead parts of these projects helping your team to deliver in a fast, reliable and high quality way.
- Build, maintain, and operate distributed applications.
- Improve reliability, scalability and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
- Develop new features, or tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team.
- Produce simple, maintainable code while always looking to improving on it.
- Own your code all the way to production with a self-service continuous delivery pipeline and production infrastructure.
- Run what you build leveraging container orchestration and monitoring technologies.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great soft skills, we take this very seriously.
- A sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- Experience with common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work independently, in small teams in a large organization.
- Ability to understand and help making great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced, changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!
- Experience slaying monoliths is a plus!
What’s it like to work at Cabify?
- Restaurant tickets, transport, healthcare, life insurance;
- Flexible work environment & hours;
- Remote working day every week;
- Cabify staff discounts;
- Regular fun team events;
- Birthday Day Off;
- Personal development programmes;
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself;
- Opportunity to work at an international start-up;
- And last but not least...free coffee!
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!