Do you want to change the world? At Movo, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
MOVO is an asset-sharing start-up, born in 2017, that offers alternative mobility solutions for city dwellers. MOVO is a micro mobility sharing company that enables urbanites to move about their cities in a efficient, fast, fun and environmentally responsible way
At MOVO, we strive to make cities efficient and clean. On one hand, we are mobility experts who believe there are better transportation solutions than the private ownership of cars. On the other hand, we are technologist committed to the reduction of environmental impact of urban transportation. We believe that streets musn’t be clogged with cars and that blue is the natural color of our uban sky
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way with a strong focus to provide our clients the best experience ever with Movo. We love what we do, supporting each other at all times to secure the best experience for our users. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- As a City Manager, your work will be key to building the success of our Asset Sharing projects. You will help us expand to new markets and oversee the initial operations of each market that you are responsible for. The launch is a cross-functional team that touches every aspect of the business, working across marketing, recruiting, operation management, business development, PR, policy, communications, and much more. At its core, your role will be to localize our business to each of our diverse marketplaces. In this fast-paced role, you will arrive in a new city and establish our operation on every street corner in just a few months, if not weeks. This exciting role involves wearing many hats. If you are someone who enjoys fast-paced, challenging environments and thrives when given autonomy, then this is a great role for you.
- Travel to new markets and oversee the entire launch as the primary point of contact for our community of supply, local businesses, riders, government officials, and community organizations.
- Create the playbook for a successful city and campus launch to implement in each new market.
- Structure local partnerships, identify key events and shape the go-to-market marketing plan.
- Set-up local team to leave strong foundation on the ground
- Organize, give direction and follow up business and planning processes/projects and analytics efforts
- Manage the delivery of all supply/demand needs in every market
- Monitor your launch city’s metrics and develop actionable insights to improve the efficiency and performance of a brand-new city
- Align with tech and product team to prioritize and develop what's needed for the operation.
- Own New Cities P&L from top to bottom line, ensuring timing and financial targets are delivered.
- Hustle and problem solve when unexpected issues inevitably arise as we pioneer a rapidly growing, brand-new industry
- Be ultimately responsible for ensuring success in each of our new markets.
What we’re looking for:
- Getting stuff done: City Managers need to get a lot done in a short period. You should have a gutsy attitude, be confident in working with limited resources under tight deadlines, and not afraid of going out into the field on the ground level
- Embed and network: City Managers travel frequently and calls a different city home every couple of months. You should be able to embed yourself in any environment and acquire a deep understanding of the culture in just a few weeks. You should also be comfortable networking with different types of people and finding ways to collaborate with them to help launch and growth.
- Leadership: The Manager is a leader in the city. You are a natural leader who has a track record of leading initiatives within your organization, constantly looking to teach and learn from others
- Passion: You are passionate about social impact and protecting our environment, about new technologies that change lives.
- Strong track record of excellence in execution and thriving when given autonomy
- Tough decisions are only taken when you feel the company as yours. Act as an owner.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Engineering or similar fields required
- 3-5 years of consulting, marketing or management experience preferred
- 90% travel required.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programs
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- And last but not least...free coffee!