Head of Operations at MOVO
Montevideo | Uruguay
Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to
live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button.
Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to
go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently
find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal, and Latin America. Every month, new members join our
world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit.
We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the
right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a
business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our
platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision
into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
You will be responsible for driving business strategy from operational data, leading logistics and service
dynamic. The generating business insights that will facilitate MOVO growth and expansion.
The Head of Operations will be responsible for ensuring MOVO’s vehicle fleet is managed and maintained in
such a manner as to support operations in the most efficient way possible. This would involve managing a
team for ensuring effective and timely maintenance, servicing and repair of MOVO vehicles in order to
minimize downtime. Developing, implementing and enforcing vehicle management best practices, policies
● Partner with leadership on all maintenance planning and execution improvements.
● Support field execution of and compliance with routing plans; facilitate feedback from all levels of the
organization. Measure and correct the daily performance of Operations specialists.
● Develop and manage scorecards on metrics/KPI’s.
● Oversee and monitor subordinates to ensure that the fleet is maintained in accordance with
established standards and that policies and practices are properly followed.
● Responsible for all in fleeting activities including, timely new vehicle acceptance, installation of tags
and other proprietary items making the vehicle ready to rent.
● Plans, direct and monitors preventive maintenance and repair programs for all company rental
● Supervision of local warehouse and inventory
● Generate insights for the business to optimize current and future operational infrastructure.
● Analyze and look at data to identify trends and performance improvement opportunities.
● Contributes and guides others to understanding and supporting our company culture.
What we’re looking for:
● Experience with operational management and ability to improving processes, managing change and
people to continuously improve and grow an operation.
● Strong people leadership skills, demonstrated team management, building, teaching, coaching, and
● Problem Solving & Decision Quality: Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems.
● Planning and Priority Setting: Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work
appropriately to meet and exceed goals.
● Data-driven person: the ability to analyze data, interpret and generate a business decision for efficient
routes and dispatch actions
● Results oriented: Holds self and others accountable for results.
● Strong organizational and time management skills.
● Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more
reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
● Flexible work environment & hours
● Regular fun team events
● Cabify staff discount
● Personal development programs
● All the gear you need - just bring yourself
● And last but not least...free coffee!