Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. We want to cities to be places where, one day, nobody will need their own car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way. We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
Our Tech teams are based in Madrid and Sao Paulo and include an eclectic bunch of awesome people. While cultivating sustainable 'smart cities' is gaining momentum, and it seems that everyone (and their brother) wants to be part of making this happen even if it is just by introducing 10 GPS bikes in their town, Cabify is one of the very few places where you can not only test and learn, but also implement great ideas that will inevitably impact how our cities will look in 20 years time.
As you can imagine this is an extremely exciting time for Cabify and the Data Team, and people who join us now are guaranteed to have a huge impact in the business and the future of cities. We are looking for a Machine Learning Engineer who can bring cutting edge machine learning models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, software development engineers, product managers and subject domain experts.
- Prototype low latency ML solutions (yes, assigning a car to a rider is a very time sensitive decision where standard ML solutions simply do not work)
- Design solution architectures for applications that will use the machine learning models.
- Deploy applications to the platform of choice (right now, we have a multi cloud data architecture that uses both GCP and AWS)
- Build a production-ready feature store that speeds up the design and deployment of new ML models
- Automate model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines.
- Design and implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. We also welcome candidates who do not hold any degree but have equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years of experience building production quality and large scale deployment of applications related to natural language processing or related machine learning applications.
- Strong programming skills in at least one object oriented programming language (Java, Scala, C++, Python, etc.)
- Expert familiarity with of a variety of classic and modern machine learning techniques including deep learning, clustering, decision tree, classification, regression and neural networks.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need - just bring yourself
- And last but not least...free coffee!