As a Head of Engineering at Lana your primary responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, doing valuable work and generally having a great time at the company. As a lead for strong engineers, technical leadership and a solid background in software development is a must, so that you’re able to challenge and grow your team members. You will have the opportunity to influence the culture, facilitate technical delivery and work with your team on strategy and execution.
You will take part in forming the Lana technical strategy, be responsible for the deliveries of your organization, support and enhance the company culture within your organization and work in partnership with your business peers to ensure business success.
What you’ll do
- You will build and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Work closely as part of a tight-knit team with your product and design. Influence product direction through scientific and technical insights.
- You will be based in São Paulo, but occasionally travel globally.
Who you are
- You are probably in a similar position today, leading the consumer facing engineering initiatives for a high profile online company. We believe that you are a great leader that inspire engineering teams by both clear communication and technical excellence. You are up to date with new technologies and tools and you are comfortable in making difficult technical decisions in order to improve all aspects of our offerings from a consumer perspective.
- You are able to communicate with the team in English (written and spoken)
- You love developing and growing people and have a tracked record doing it
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development
You have experience in leading, managing, coaching and mentoring software developers towards delivering timely, high quality software together with them
- You have solid experience working in an agile development environment