Do you want to change the world?
At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal, Brazil and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way.We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Design new features to improve the driver/passenger experience on app and manage a maintainable code base.
- Check every day our crash report tool to see what's going on in the production version
- Propose new and efficient ways to solve day by day issues.
- Avoid being blocked by external demand. You must hands-on with other teams to handle it. Do not waist your time waiting to someone does it for you.
- Manage internal customer expectations through constant and reliable communication, delivering value through small iteration
What we’re looking for:
- Experience working in a similar role. There's a lot to do and you should be self-manage.
- Proficiency with Java or Kotlin
- Strong understanding of the Android Framework (Activity/Fragment lifecycle)
- Strong experience with mobile architecture (MVP, MVVM, Clean architecture,etc). It's disgusting to have business logic into Activity class.
- Experience with REST API, database and services.
- Experience with reactive Java
About the team you’ll work with:
The Android Mobile Team is responsible for maintaining the android applications used by drivers and passengers. Their goal is to provide a smooth journey between the passenger and their destination, closely collaborating with product, design and backend teams to always deliver a better experience tomorrow than we have today.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Meal and transportation plan (VR, VT);
- Health Care Plan, Life Insurance;
- Fast learning and young environment;
- Opportunity to work at an international start-up founded in Latin America.
- And last but not least...free coffee!