Do you want to change the world?
At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal, Brazil and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way.We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
About the position:
How will you help us achieve our mission?
- Design and iterate on existing systems comprising different language ecosystems such as PHP, Go, Python, Ruby and Elixir
- Manage internal customer expectations through constant and reliable communication, delivering value through small iterations.
- MacGyver style troubleshooting for dealing with bugs and unpredictable behaviors of complex systems.
- Deploy your own changes and ensure everything continues to work as expected.
- Architect the solutions and refactor existing ones to ensure readable and maintainable code. Technical debt is not something special, you keep it under control every day.
- Automate repetitive tasks. No one should do work which can be done by machines.
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency with at least one web-based dynamically typed language.
- Strong understanding of the web.
- Previous experience or equivalent knowledge on maintaining and designing highly available systems.
- Ability to iterate on ideas quickly, with loose or no directions. Being able to talk with customers to better understand a problem is a plus.
- Experience with Open Source software and philosophy, knowing your way on a Unix-like platform is a much-appreciated plus.
- Care for version controlled artifacts through deep Git understanding - we only do fast-forwards here and love to read those nice chubby commit messages.
- Familiar with internationalization and the challenges that come with it
About the team you’ll work with:
The Backend Team keeps everything running under the hood of our mobile applications, from the back office systems operations use, the API used by mobile systems, to systems that pay drivers and charge companies for multiple countries. You will work directly with the product team helping to define our next steps and implement them.
The good stuff:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Meal and transportation plan (VR, VT);
- Health Care Plan, Life Insurance;
- Fast learning and young environment;
- And last but not least...free coffee!