Do you want to change the world? At Cabify, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Founded in 2011, we have become the first Spanish tech ‘unicorn’. Our HQ is in Madrid but you can currently find us in 38 cities across Spain, Portugal and Latin America. Every month, new members join our world-class team of passionate, smart and talented individuals with a hunger to challenge the status quo.
But no matter how quickly we grow or how big we become, we’re determined to keep our ‘start-up’ spirit. We are a confident, professional, charismatic and focused team, young at heart and proud to do things the right way.We like to think of ourselves as an ethical and innovative tech company that has created a business where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully, from our engineers to the drivers that use our platform. Moreover, we always comply fully with government regulations and respect local laws.
It’s been quite a ride so far, but in reality, our journey has only just begun. If we’re going to turn our vision into a reality, we’re going to need plenty more bright, ambitious people to join us!
We are looking for someone with experience working with any backend technology, though we use Go, Elixir and Ruby for our day to day work. We believe that even if you have worked in Java or C# all your life you can still pick up Elixir or Go pretty quickly. For us it is more important to have someone who is adaptable and can pick up languages quickly.
- Work on cross-team, impactful projects.
- Lead parts of these projects helping your team to deliver in a fast, reliable and high quality way.
- Work on building and maintaining distributed applications.
- Improve reliability, scalability and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
- Develop new features, tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team.
- Produce simple, maintainable code while always looking to improving on it.
- Own your code all the way to production with a self-service continuous delivery pipeline and production infrastructure.
- Run what you build using bleeding edge container orchestration and monitoring technologies.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great soft skills, we take this very seriously.
- A sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- Experience with common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work independently, with a small teams in large organizations.
- Ability to understand and help making great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced, changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!
- Experience slaying monoliths is a plus!
What’s it like to work at Cabify?:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Excellent Salary conditions at Engineering: Junior 24k-30k, Mid 30k-43k, Senior 43k-55k, Lead 55k-69k.
- We offer relocation package to those coming from other country.
- Remote days available upon agreement
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need
- And last but not least...free coffee!