Do you want to change the world? At Cabify and Movo, that’s what we’re doing. We aim to make cities better places to live by improving mobility for the people living in them, connecting riders to drivers, providing mobility alternatives such as scooters and moopeds and many others to come, at the touch of a button. Maybe one day cities will be places where nobody needs a private car. But we’ve still got a long way to go...fancy joining us?
Our Product & Engineering teams are based in Sao Paolo and Madrid and include an eclectic bunch of awesome people from different backgrounds like Ruby, Go, Elixir, Java, PHP or Python.
Right now we’re working on some pretty greenfield projects with a solid set of product ideas lined up ready for innovative engineers to tackle and of course we have big plans to take over the taxi app service industry!
You could be working on anything from migrating our internal systems from Ruby to Elixir, to working alongside the data team to understand user behaviours and build/ make tweaks to cool new features. We have a lot of projects and teams to choose from.
We are looking for someone with experience working with any backend technology, though we use Go, Elixir and Ruby for our day to day work. We believe that even if you have worked in other programming languages such as Java all your life you can still pick up Elixir or Go pretty quickly. For us it is more important to have someone who is adaptable and can pick up languages quickly.
- Work on cross-team, impactful projects.
- Lead parts of these projects helping your team to deliver in a fast, reliable and high quality way.
- Work on building and maintaining distributed applications.
- Improve reliability, scalability and performance of our services so they always meet their SLAs.
- Develop new features, tweak existing ones in a data-driven fashion in collaboration with our Data Science team.
- Produce simple, maintainable code while always looking to improving on it.
- Own your code all the way to production with a self-service continuous delivery pipeline and production infrastructure.
- Run what you build using bleeding edge container orchestration and monitoring technologies.
Our Ideal candidate has:
- Great soft skills, we take this very seriously.
- A sound knowledge of common algorithms & data structures.
- Experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems.
- Experience operating your services in a production environment.
- Experience with common design and architectural patterns.
- Ability to work independently, with a small teams in large organizations.
- Ability to understand and help making great product and business decisions.
- Ability to achieve results in a fast paced, changing environment.
- A willingness to work with Ruby code occasionally is a plus!
- Experience slaying monoliths is a plus!
What’s it like to work at Cabify?:
We’re a company full of happy, motivated people and we never want that to change. Here are some more reasons why it rocks to be part of our family.
- Excellent Salary conditions at Engineering: Junior 24k-30k, Mid 30k-48k, Senior 48k-55k, Principal 55k-69k.
- We also offer very competitive stock options plan. At Cabify we strongly believe highly committed, vision-aligned key roles must be long term invested in the company success, thus a significant portion of the compensation of roles such as this one goes in the form of stock options.
- We offer relocation package to those coming from other country.
- Remote days available upon agreement
- Flexible work environment & hours
- Regular fun team events
- Cabify staff discount
- Personal development programmes
- Flexible remuneration: subsidized restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare and childcare
- A pet room so you don’t have to leave your furry friend at home
- All the gear you need
- And last but not least...free coffee!
Cabify is proud of being an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of background, gender, religion, orientation, age or ability. Join us!