C4Q Mission and Vision
C4Q is a social enterprise nonprofit that creates pathways out of poverty through technology. We believe that people from every community and background—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. Our graduates are working at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, Jet, and JPMorgan Chase.
We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn. Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
C4Q is a rapidly growing organization that’s scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget and staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 25 and anticipate expanding our team to 40 this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model which leverages social impact/program related investments and earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel and funding to create the foundations for national expansion and more broadly serve communities and cities across America.
As C4Q shifts into a social enterprise, we are in an exciting high growth phase and are looking for a dynamic Director of Sales & Business Development who can sell C4Q’s vision and mission to prospective partners, and build a new sales and business development team at C4Q. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Director will prospect, develop and cultivate relationships with brand name tech companies, startups and dev shops to partner and sell a range of recruitment, staffing and development solutions. We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who is excited and skilled at leading and growing a highly successful sales organization from the ground up. In addition, this person will have excellent strategic “chops” to develop and grow existing and new revenue streams.
- Develop and execute strategic business plan to drive adoption and success of current earned revenue streams including Level Up; and develop/test new potential earned revenue streams such as company placement fees.
- Generate new opportunities and cultivate/manage existing partnerships with established tech companies, startups, dev shops, and other employers
- Meet and exceed all quarterly and annual sales quotas for the entire sales team
- Hire and manage highly successful sales team
- Own the sales cycle – from lead generation to closure
- Work closely with Program and Student SuccessTeams to create and execute hiring partnership strategies that drive student placement targets
- Oversee the creation and implementation of the organization’s operations and systems that collect data, measure effectiveness, and provide analytical insights to drive placements, sales, and employer ROI
- Directly provide feedback to C4Q’s Program and other functional divisions based on employer feedback to increase program efficacy
- 10+ years of sales or business development experience, preferably in B2B sales, non-profit or tech recruiting/staffing solutions
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals
- Demonstrated success in building successful sales teams and new revenue streams
- Superior communication skills, both written and oral - ability to “sell” the C4Q mission and values to prospective partners
- Entrepreneurial “mindset” and flexibility a MUST - a leader who is willing to “roll up sleeves” and get the job done during a period of rapid growth
- Eagerness and experience taking strategy from idea to reality, pairing high level thinking with execution
- Demonstrated success in leading the development and implementation of effective sales operations, including systems implementation and analytics
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with a broad range of diverse stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- High energy and passion for C4Q’s mission
- High level of intellectual curiosity and excitement to fully engage with the broader NYC technology sector