C4Q Mission and Vision
C4Q is a social enterprise nonprofit that creates pathways out of poverty through technology. We believe that people from every community and background—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. Our graduates are working at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, Jet, and JPMorgan Chase.
We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn. Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
C4Q is a rapidly growing organization that’s scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget and staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 25 and anticipate expanding our team to 40 this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model which leverages social impact/program related investments and earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel and funding to create the foundations for national expansion and more broadly serve communities and cities across America.
As C4Q’s new Head of People, you will be helping to lead the growth of our organization, bringing in best-in-class processes and practices within the human resource function. We are a rapidly growing social enterprise looking to almost double our numbers over the next year from 25 to 40+ and are searching for an energetic, “jack of all trades” human resource professional to develop and execute policies, procedures and programs that fit our organization’s needs. This may include organizational planning and development, implementing policy, onboarding and training programs, recruitment, professional development, compensation planning and benefits and more. This is a fantastic opportunity to have a “seat at the table” and partner with the management team to build C4Q’s culture during a pivotal stage of its growth and development.
The Head of People will:
- Create hiring/recruitment strategy, coordinate/conduct interviews and on-board new hires
- Oversee compensation and administration of benefits
- Develop and implement personnel policies and procedures
- Act as core “evangelist” in defining and communicating C4Q internal culture
- Develop and participate in staff training and development programs
- Support management team is defining performance management procedures including the annual review process, goal setting and implementation of performance improvement plans
- Maintain personnel files in accordance with requirements of funding agencies
- Collect and analyze HR data to improve organizational performance
- Coach and counsel employees and managers about employee relations to enhance employee satisfaction
- Work directly with department managers to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities pertaining to personnel and recruitment matters
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensure C4Q's compliance
- Maintain responsibility for C4Q’s compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters
- Perform other duties as requested by senior management
- Bachelor’s Degree with Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management (or related field) or Business Administration SHRM certification a plus
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in progressively more responsible HR positions, preferably in non-profit or skills-based industry
- Broad HR experience in recruitment, benefits administration, compensation, and professional development
- Previous experience working within a small organization that scaled in complexity and personnel
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to develop and implement HR strategies and programs
- Previous experience working with senior level executives – ability to work comfortably with executives and juggle multiple view points and priorities
- Entrepreneurial “mindset” and flexibility a MUST - a leader who is willing to “roll up sleeves” and get the job done during a period of rapid growth
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills
- Strong connection to C4Q’s mission