C4Q Mission and Vision
C4Q is a social enterprise nonprofit that creates pathways out of poverty through technology. We believe that people from every community and background—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. Our graduates are working at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, Jet, and JPMorgan Chase.
We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn. Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
C4Q is a rapidly growing organization that’s scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget and staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 25 and anticipate expanding our team to 40 this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model which leverages social impact/program related investments and earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel and funding to create the foundations for national expansion and more broadly serve communities and cities across America.
As C4Q shifts into a social enterprise, we are in an exciting high growth phase and are looking for a dynamic Director of Program Development & Operations to build and manage the Student Success Team within C4Q. The Student Success Team is a highly critical function within the C4Q organization as it is responsible for designing and implementing the programs, interventions and processes to successfully prepare and place our students (“Fellows”) into tech careers, develop a successful community of alumni and students, and manage our Pay It Forward initiative.
The Director of Program Development & Operations will be someone who is passionate about the C4Q mission and excited to support our Fellows and alumni through their career advancement. This is a heavily operations and strategy-focused position which requires someone who has deep analytical rigor and the ability to create data-driven recommendations, interventions and programs. In addition, there is a strong partnership component of the role which requires this individual to build relationships with key tech companies in the industry. Finally, the Student Success team is expected to expand significantly to serve all its various responsibilities and will require a strong, multi-dimensional leader who can manage multiple functions (Alumni Community, Partnerships & Placements, Operations) within a team. This role will report to the CEO and work closely with our Business Development team to place our talent into the best career opportunities and our Program team to further create a “feedback loop” to inform better training and career advancement initiatives. This is an ambitious and highly outcomes-oriented role with specific placement targets and requires someone who is comfortable being responsible for hitting defined goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding Fellow job placement goals, quarterly and annually
- Develop programs to guide Fellows through interview process from screening to technical interviews to negotiation and offer acceptance; ensure graduates taking temporary roles can successfully convert to full time positions
- Establish measures and necessary processes that enable C4Q to accurately assess opportunities and barriers for Fellow job placement, analyze data, and implement “interventions” for overcoming challenges
- Hire and lead team that supports and coaches Fellows in the job search and enables persistence and success in the job placement process
- Responsible for ensuring alumni career retention goals for 3 years post-program
- Develop processes that successfully track, support, and enable understanding of alumni career progression
- Build team and design initiatives to assist growing community of alumni with career advancement opportunities
Alumni and Industry Engagement & Community Development
- Manage Alumni Community team to oversee alumni relationships and build a cohesive experience that furthers our long-term mission and community
- Oversee development community building programming and events for all alumni
- Oversee and develop volunteer program that advances C4Q’s mission and supports organizational objectives
Alumni Pay It Forward Success
- Ensure proper administration, communication, implementation and adherence of Pay It Forward commitments with existing cohorts and alumni
- Responsible for data and metric management, reporting and communications
- Develop and oversee the ongoing student-facing Pay It Forward onboarding process - communicate process and expectations to students and employers and assist students with set-up of Pay It Forward accounts
- Oversee relationship management and engagement strategy with tech companies, startups, dev shops, and other employers to expand job opportunities for current Fellows and alumni
- Prepare Fellows and alumni for employer-specific and role-specific requirements
- Increase job placement and employer engagement at “signature companies” that add value and signaling effect to C4Q brand that benefit community
- Develop and implement process for selecting and matching Fellows with appropriate companies and roles
Data Analysis & Feedback
- Responsible for collecting, understanding, and overseeing graduate job placement data, career advancement data to enable graduate success
- Oversee the collection and analysis of employer feedback data on alumni to further Access Code program development and also alumni career advancement (insight into new obstacles and any needed programs)
- 8-10+ years in highly analytical, data-intensive strategic/operational positions within the tech or non-profit industries; experience within program design a plus
- Previous consulting experience or MBA a plus
- Experience hitting and exceeding organizational goals and KPIs
- Management experience required, specifically proven ability to build new teams and operations/programs from the “ground up”
- Superior ability to analyze data and develop reports and strategy stemming from analysis
- Eagerness to take strategy from idea to reality, pairing high level thinking with execution
- Compassionate, strong communicator, ability to be empathetic - skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with a broad range of diverse stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial “mindset” and flexibility a MUST - a leader who is willing to “roll up sleeves” and get the job done during a period of rapid growth
- High energy and passion for C4Q’s mission
- High level of intellectual curiosity and excitement to fully engage with the broader NYC technology sector