C4Q Mission and Vision
C4Q is a social enterprise nonprofit that creates pathways out of poverty through technology. We believe that people from every community and background—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. Our graduates are working at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, Jet, and JPMorgan Chase.
We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn. Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
C4Q is a rapidly growing organization that’s scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget and staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 25 and anticipate expanding our team to 40 this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model which leverages social impact/program related investments and earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel and funding to create the foundations for national expansion and more broadly serve communities and cities across America.
As C4Q shifts into a social enterprise, we are in an exciting high growth phase and are looking to grow our Development team and capacity to raise critical public and private funds. C4Q seeks an experienced, skilled and highly effective Head of Government Affairs to join and help build its growing Development team. The Head of Government Affairs is a new position and will help lead and execute the strategy for cultivating and stewarding C4Q’s relationships with city, state, and federal government officials as well as government agencies to advance strategic public initiatives that further our mission as well as secure discretionary support and resources. Current initiatives include collaborations with the New York City Economic Development Corporation for Futureworks NYC, which supports the growth of advanced manufacturing, and the Long Island City waterfront development project which will create a new mixed-use neighborhood for innovation. This position reports to the Managing Director of Development and works closely with other organizational leaders and managers including the CEO, the Director of Finance and community engagement and volunteer managers.
Program Lead (3 month contract, with opportunity to extend)
Department: Access Code Program
Time Commitment: Full-Time
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.
The Program Lead will create and launch a new “Portfolio Intensive” program to complement our rigorous and inclusive tech education program, Access Code. This new component will serve a select cohort of Access Code alumni, with the short-term goal of bolstering their technical proficiency, as well as developing a vision for longer-term career success metrics that can be supported by this and other program elements yet to be designed.
The Programs Lead will be comfortable taking on the full spectrum of program design and management responsibilities, from working closely with our expert instructors to design the arc for the 3 month program, measuring participant progress towards their milestones (e.g. tech portfolio development and interview readiness), to working 1:1 with fellows to guide them effectively through the job search process.
The ideal candidate is a meticulous manager and outcomes-oriented mobilizer with prior experience in program management, especially oriented around career development. He or she finds extreme joy in collaborating with talented individuals to achieve their career objectives, and influence broadly across an organization to align resources and energy around program goals. The Program Lead role provides great exposure to all the functional areas of an innovative and values-driven non-profit, and immense opportunity to deliver impact with exceptional members of our community.
- Support program development and implementation:
- Effectively design and brand the program and on-board alumni participants with high levels of engagement and motivation
- Oversee the successful implementation of the Technical Mastery curriculum - primarily covering technical interviewing skills and the development of portfolio projects
- Lead any Professional Skills workshops as required to equip all graduates with requisite interview and job search skills
- Develop a culture within the cohort that is open, rigorous, encouraging, and creates accountability and positive reinforcement for each member of the cohort
- Ensure that instructors and all volunteers/mentors have all the resources they need to deliver impact with alums
- Capture and develop best practices around curriculum development and career readiness to share with the broader Access Code team
- Ensure the success of our alums:
- Employ both cohort-wide and 1:1 strategies to support ultimate job placement goals
- Assist in creating opportunities for Access Code alums to get direct exposure to job opportunities via hosted or external events
- Conduct 1:1 meetings (virtual and in-person) to coach individuals and ensure accountability and follow-through on their job search goals
- Collect and analyze key metrics about job readiness and job applications to help tailor recommendations
- Deep understanding of success - experience working with developers or engineers is a plus
- Prior experience in educational or career services settings is a plus
- Track record of leadership in facilitating successful job outcomes with adult populations
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Able to work independently and comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong work ethic
- Strong mission and values alignment with C4Q, and interest in technology