C4Q Mission and Vision
C4Q is a social enterprise nonprofit that creates pathways out of poverty through technology. We believe that people from every community and background—across ethnicity, gender, and socio-economic background—should have the opportunity to learn to code, gain jobs in tech, and create companies of the future. It is our mission to increase economic opportunity and transform the world’s most diverse community into a leading hub for innovation and entrepreneurship. Our graduates are working at leading companies such as Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, Jet, and JPMorgan Chase.
We are supported by the Robin Hood Foundation, Google for Entrepreneurs, Blackstone, Salesforce, Guggenheim Partners, and BlackRock. Our volunteers include leading technologists and experts from companies such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn. Diversity of experiences, perspectives, skills, and cultures is core to our mission and team.
Creating the Foundations for National Impact
C4Q is a rapidly growing organization that’s scaling to make a national impact. Founded in 2011, we have doubled in budget and staff each year over the past several years. We are currently a team of 25 and anticipate expanding our team to 40 this year. We are creating a non-traditional financing model which leverages social impact/program related investments and earned revenue strategies that align program performance with financial results. We plan to rapidly scale our operations, personnel and funding to create the foundations for national expansion and more broadly serve communities and cities across America.
The Head of Access Code Strategy and Planning will be responsible for building a culture of operational excellence within a fast-growing program. Analytical prowess, strategic thinking, and planning skills are essential for this position, as is the ability to prioritize resources across the entire program in order to drive real and sustainable impact. This role will be deeply involved in driving the necessary landscape analysis, stakeholder alignment, and operational planning and internal capacity building required to scale the Access Code program beyond its current NYC footprint to a national level.
- Strategy and Analysis
- Identify and improve the strategy development process, e.g. go/no-go decision-making framework on strategic projects, future program development or new program launches to further C4Q’s broader mission
- Serve as an internal expert on the market landscape, including competitive analysis, and relevant trends to help inform program development across all three pillars of the program: Technical Mastery, Professional Skills, and Tech Fluency
- Ensure student data consistency and lead insights development for the program, including designing key program components like exit tickets or post-event surveys to capture meaningful and actionable data for future analysis
- Align data across the organization, including the “life cycle” of a program participant from candidate to fellow to successfully placed alumni, and partner with other teams to help craft relevant thought leadership or marketing collateral
- Manage the Community Affairs Manager, who develops relationships with community organizations and helps drive recruitment strategy for Access Code
- Planning and Operations
- Work directly with Managing Director of Access Code, CEO, and C4Q Management Team to create robust planning timelines, model future needs, and actively track program progress towards KPIs
- Create and continuously refine operating procedures and systems that enable the staff and various teams to operate effectively and the organization to scale nationally within the next 3 years, including program hiring and professional development needed
- Coordinate goal-setting and activities across the 3 pillars of Access Code - technical mastery, professional skills, and tech fluency - to deliver an effective, holistic impact
- Set high bar for operational excellence, with focus on driving through outcomes/KPIs, clear communication and accountability, successful project and meeting management
- Manage the Access Code team calendar, driving a workflow that ensures all aspects of the program and activities are executed on time, on brand, and on budget
- Oversee logistics for daily operations, events, and other types of activity within Access Code program
- Prioritize competing demands on the team bandwidth, including coordination with non-program C4Q staff
- 5-7 years of demonstrated success in fast-paced strategic or operational role
- Ability to ask the right questions towards developing analytical tools and dashboards tied to outcomes
- Track record of influencing operations or planning with both data- and judgment-driven approach
- Forward-thinking and able to think across different disciplines
- Able to work under tight deadlines and under pressure to achieve goals
- Able to work independently on complex problems
- Exceptional project management and follow-through skills
- Able to communicate precisely and effectively, both verbally and in written form
- Familiarity with the tech industry and passion for human development are a plus
We offer a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits.