C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 25x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai.
C3.ai is seeking a highly qualified transactional counsel to join the C3.ai Legal team. The candidate will perform a broad range of legal work, with a focus on supporting the sales organization by negotiating and drafting license agreements consistent with C3.ai standards. Candidate will draft and review transactional documents, advise members of management on various issues within assigned areas, and support the General Counsel.
Candidates must also have the proven ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast-‐paced environment.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Draft, analyze, negotiate and complete complex commercial transactions with the company’s enterprise customers and strategic partners.
- Collaborate with the product, sales and services teams to achieve key business objectives.
- Assist to improve and implement use of templates, “playbooks,” and policies.
- Work with stakeholders on data privacy and security, regulatory compliance, and intellectual property matters.
Required Skills and Experience
- JD from top law school; Active membership in at least one U.S. State bar.
- 5+ years related experience, including 3+ years at a premier law firm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a motivated self-starter able to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across diverse teams.
- Deep substantive knowledge of enterprise software, SaaS, PaaS and other software licensing and distribution, strategic alliances, channel sales and distribution models, intellectual property and open source.
- Additional relevant experience is a plus:
- Target industries: Software, IoT, AI, Big Data; Healthcare; Energy; Financial Services; Manufacturing; Aerospace
- International experience
- C3.ai is a culture of “doers.” Employees at all levels are willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done. The incoming candidate is a team player who embodies those ideals and doesn’t hesitate to jump in and solve difficult problems.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities. Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- A high-energy individual who inspires others through clarity and conviction of a shared vision.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide array of personalities and operating styles. This person has exceptional interpersonal skills and keen self-awareness.
- Someone with crisp, precise verbal and written communication and skills who is capable of delivering data-driven messages to the executive team and other internal and external constituents.
- A hard-working individual who leads from the front.
- A dynamic, adaptable individual capable of pivoting quickly. While this person needs to be hands-on, s/he is equally capable of taking a step back to ensure other team members are executing towards greater strategic goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong moral compass and will understand the importance of ethics in business. Authentic integrity comes naturally for strong leaders; C3.ai believes this is an essential attribute for every employee at the company.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.