C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. C3 AI delivers a family of fully integrated products: C3 AI® Suite, an end-to-end platform for developing, deploying, and operating large-scale AI applications; C3 AI Applications, a portfolio of industry-specific SaaS AI applications; C3 AI CRM, a suite of industry-specific CRM applications designed for AI and machine learning; and C3 AI Ex Machina, a no-code AI solution to apply data science to everyday business problems. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: www.c3.ai
We are looking for Software Engineers at all levels to build the next generation AI platform. As a member of C3 AI Ex-Machina's growing team, you will be responsible for the entire software engineering lifecycle, i.e design, document, build, test, maintain. As one of the core teams, this role is integral to the success of the company. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and demonstrate an ability to execute precisely and quickly. The ideal candidate will have a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Design, develop, and maintain performant and scalable full-stack applications.
- Build and improve visual tools for application development and data science that enable users to build an end-to-end AI application quickly.
- Work very closely with, and incorporate feedback from Product Management, User Interaction Designers, Front-End and Back-End Engineers.
- Lead cross-team technical design discussions on application architecture, UI components, UX, back-end and third-party integration, and testing.
- Rapidly fix bugs, solve problems, and proactively strive to improve our products and technologies.
- Manage individual project deliverables and mentor junior team members on industry coding standards and design techniques.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- Strong hands-on experience and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, and web application development.
- Working experience in one of the following areas:
- Large-scale distributed big data systems like Hadoop, Spark
- Machine Learning frameworks like MLlib(Spark), H2O
- Real passion for developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and value end-to-end ownership of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate multi-functionally and improve scalability.
- Interest in committing to a fun, friendly, expansive, and intellectually stimulating environment.
- Advanced degree in engineering, sciences or related field.
- Experience with Git or other version control software.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodology.
- Knowledge of test-driven development, SQL and NoSQL databases, and performance optimization tools.
- Experience in leading engineering teams and projects.
- Experience in building scalable web applications.
Experience with log monitoring and metric monitoring and alerting tools such as Prometheus and Grafana
C3 AI provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music and a fun team of great people.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.