C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
C3.ai has an opening for a Senior Technical Writer. Technical Writers create, assimilate, and accurately communicate technical material in a clear and concise manner. In this position, you will create conceptual and how-to documentation, instructional content, API reference guides, and code samples. Created materials will support developers, data scientists and data integrators who develop and extend C3.ai applications, design and code analytics algorithms, and use batch and streaming web services methods to integrate data sources on C3.ai PaaS architecture.
As a senior member of the documentation team, you will be responsible for creating and owning developer documentation of the C3.ai Platform. As such, you will become a solution expert and serve as a key link between engineers, product managers, and customers who develop on our platform. You will be expected to learn complex technical information and work both collaboratively and independently to produce technical documentation. Successful candidates will be self-directed, passionate about technology, able to produce high-quality documentation, and motivated to contribute in fast-paced, dynamic, team environment. During the interview process, sample work will be requested.
- Write technical developer guides and online help for our external developer and data integrator audiences; supplement documentation with relevant code samples.
- Develop and publish online and printed documentation formats.
- Manage complex documentation projects with a focus on maintaining high standards for clarity, accuracy, and timeliness of publication.
- Communicate with management and project stakeholders, keeping them informed of project status, including conflicts and resolution plans.
- Provide guidance and support to less experienced team members, guiding them on standards, procedures, tools, etc. helping them be successful in delivering to a consistently high standard that is expected of the team.
- Bachelor's degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- 6+ years of technical writing experience, including experience researching and writing excellent developer documentation.
- Working knowledge of two or more of following:
- Extract, Transformation, & Load (ETL) techniques
- Machine learning concepts (linear regression, PCA, decision trees, k-means clustering)
- Ability to read code and write code examples.
- Skilled in use of documentation development tools & methods. (DITA, XML authoring tools)
- Experience working in a range of delivery and media formats—including online help, printed guides, HTML—knowledge of wiki’s a plus.
- Ability to work in an agile development environment.
- Strong communication skills with that ability to work across functional units.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work independently and make independent judgments.
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music and a fun team of great people.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.