C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. C3 AI delivers a family of fully integrated products: C3 AI® Suite, an end-to-end platform for developing, deploying, and operating large-scale AI applications; C3 AI Applications, a portfolio of industry-specific SaaS AI applications; C3 AI CRM, a suite of industry-specific CRM applications designed for AI and machine learning; and C3 AI Ex Machina, a no-code AI solution to apply data science to everyday business problems. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at: www.c3.ai
Forward Deployed Engineers work at the leading edge of our business to rapidly and accurately configure the C3 AI Platform and Application solutions that solve complex business problems involving significant scale and technical complexity in new domains and for new customers.
Forward Deployed Engineers work closely with the customer’s IT, business analytics, and data science teams to demonstrate the capabilities of the C3 AI Platform. Our Forward Deployed engineers are comfortable architecting systems that require analyzing high-volume, high-frequency, broad, unstructured or real time data sets. Data science and big data techniques are core to the C3 AI Platform and the Forward Deployed Engineers maintain conversational and technical competency in these areas. We’re looking for engineers who are project oriented and enjoy selling and interacting with customers to solve high impact, previously unsolved problems.
Recent examples of successful engagements include predictive maintenance on oil and gas equipment and aircraft subsystems, supply chain optimization, manufacturing yield optimization, chronic disease prevention, customer spend prediction, and equipment lifetime optimization. These are high value projects with high levels of internal and external visibility.
This role requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residence. Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or higher) is preferred.
- Engage directly with customers to design, develop, and deploy AI-based enterprise applications
- Write application specifications and documentation
- Lead design and development reviews of customer applications
- Test, troubleshoot, and enhance customer applications with and on behalf of customers
- Continuously identify technical risks and gaps; devise mitigation strategies in anticipation of customer needs
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) field; graduate degree in STEM or business field preferred
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively on a cross-functional team
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience with Federal government, especially DoD.
- TS/SCI Clearance (preferably DoD).
- Willing and able to obtain security clearance.
- Understanding of cloud computing concepts
- Understanding of databases types and trade-offs
- Proficiency in data structure and algorithm design and implementation
- Proficiency in time-series data analysis, cleansing, and normalization
- Working knowledge of Agile software development methodology
- Experience building and deploying AI-based enterprise applications
- Solid understanding of common machine learning techniques, applications, and trade-offs
C3 AI provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.