C3.ai is a leading enterprise AI software provider for accelerating digital transformation. The comprehensive and proven C3 AI Suite uses a model-driven abstraction layer to enable organizations to develop, deploy, and operate enterprise scale AI applications 40x to 100x faster than alternative approaches. www.c3.ai
We are looking for a seasoned and motivated Software Engineer to build the next generation AI platform scaling to several petabyte level data volumes.
As a member of C3.ai's growing platform team, you will be responsible for the entire software engineering lifecyle, i.e design, document, build, test, maintain. As one of the core teams, this role is integral to the success of the company. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and demonstrate an ability to execute precisely and quickly. The ideal candidate will have a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Design and develop various features in the next generation C3.ai PaaS AI suite
- Design and develop data pipelines that can handle petabyte level data scale and more
- Develop core fundamental distibuted system components like distributed stream processing engine, distributed queueing, distributed batch processing, cluster management, etc.
- Design and develop abstraction over existing datastores & cloud infrastructure in an innovative way E.g. Key value stores like cassandra / hbase, sql stores like postgres / mysql, file systems like s3 / azure blob store / hdfs, cloud infrastructure like AWS / Azure / GCP
- Handle large data infrastructure platform and driving stability through automated monitoring, alerting, and actions.
- Work closely with software engineering & product management teams to gather requirements and deliver a top quality product following the agile software development methodology
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and independence
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals ( Algorithms, Data Structures)
- Experience with Aws / Azure / GCP Cloud Platform
- Skilled in robust, highly available large-scale, distributed SaaS systems.
- Familiarity with Big Data systems like Apache Spark / Hadoop / Distributed Systems
- Experience with security technologies (SSO, SAML, Okta etc).
- Proactive work ethic - self starter
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: e.g. Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm
- Experience with building scalable and reliable data pipelines
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources
C3.ai provides a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary, generous stock options, 401K, medical, dental, and vision benefits. At the office, we offer a fully stocked kitchen with catered breakfast and lunch, table tennis and pool table, free membership at our on-site gym, Friday evening social hours with food, drink and music and a fun team of great people.
C3.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.